Monday, August 3, 2015

Deal or No Deal? Trading Q&A


DEAL OR NO DEAL?



Hey everyone! Fantasy Football is just around the corner and it's time to get prepared. Sorry I have not posted anything in a long time due to being out of the country and not much happening in the NFL. I will start posting more and answering everyone's questions. 

Question: I just received a question from a gentlemen named Scott that is in a DYNASTY LEAGUE that said, "Got a trade question for you! I currently hold the 3, 5, 6 and 13 picks in our rookie draft. I was offered John Brown and 2 top 6 picks for next year for my number 3 pick in this years draft (which will probably be Amari Cooper). My Wide Receivers right now are Cobb, Hopkins and Allen Robinson. Do I make the Deal?


Answer

Scott,

Thank you for your question. I like helping people with these type of questions, especially if you are in a Dynasty league where every move you make could make or break your season(s). You have a lot of first round picks in this draft with 3 of them being in the top 6. Your receivers are pretty good, but passing up on Amari if you believe he will be there on the 3rd pick would be crazy. Amari is going to be the guy in a high volume passing offense. He is already getting compared to Antonio Brown. Randall Cobb will be consistent for you, DeAndre Hopkins will be either good or great depending on how well his quarterback performs and Allen Robinson is an average wideout that will either do okay or have a bad week. Your opponent giving you a hit or miss John Brown would also not help you. In this case, DON'T take the trade or you will regret losing out on Amari Cooper due to his upside and him being a rookie with plenty of years to possibly help you win your Dynasty League. Keep Allen Robinson as a backup, but he is not anything more than that.

My draft advice is always CHOOSE THE BEST PLAYER AND NOT BY WHAT POSITION YOU NEED THE MOST. BUILD A STACKED ROSTER AND IT WILL HELP YOUR TEAM WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT AND ALSO FOR TRADES. 

I hope this helped you out so that you can win your league this year. Make sure you ask me any other questions you may have and I would be glad to help. 

Austin Jensen
Fantasy Football Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment